Everything You Need to Know About Content Distribution and its Strategy
June 11, 2021
The internet helps us develop shared context. Each day on the world wide web, millions of lives create and share snippets of their world, skills, opinions and everything in between. Every piece of information available on the internet brings us closer each day. The power of information sharing (and logging) is so potent that one’s social media is a reflection of their entire persona. Content marketing agencies in India must consciously recognise this. At this point, there is practically infinite content on the internet. In such a scenario, you have to devise your content marketing plan analytically.
There is a myriad of content distribution platforms to choose from. Each caters to a particular audience demanding, in turn, particular kinds of content. Moreover, some channels are more optimised for content sharing than others.
Content Distribution Strategy and Types of Channels
Your content distribution channel can be owned, earned or paid, depending on the amount of control you wield over content circulation therein.
Owned channels imply your complete ownership of content. These include your social media identity, blogs, emails, and the like. Earned channels include those that come to you organically, such as an influencer promoting your brand online. Finally, as the name suggests, paid channels include those that you pay for. Paid promotions on Facebook and sponsorship collaborations with social media influencers are typical examples of the same.
There are various ways you can propagate your content. Let’s look at a few.
Website or Blog
- The cheapest way for content distribution.
- Gives you complete autonomy.
- Website/blog content can be posted on other platforms.
- It helps you boost your SEO rankings.
- It offers you a variety of ways to express your brand identity.
- Different age presence on different platforms makes it easier for you to identify your platform of choice and create content accordingly.
- Create a reputation in your industry by posting informative content and sharing knowledge on platforms like LinkedIn.
- It refers to the act of bookmarking the pages you find relevant.
- This can drive a lot of traffic to your page- it tells search engines that your content is important to people.
- Prevalent, especially on platforms like Reddit.
QnA Platforms like Quora
- Help you establish yourself as an authority in your field.
- A way of communicating directly to an interested, established audience.
- Often, your answer snippets may become visible on Google, resulting in better rankings.
- Refers to advertising that does not feel like advertising, per se.
- It helps users gain information about your product or service without facing disruptions in their scrolling/viewing experience. Thus, native advertising is received better.
- The viewership of native ads is 53% more than that of banner advertisements.
You see, the variety of available content distribution channels, combined with the amount of information available, can get daunting for any content marketing agency. It is essential to expand horizons and experiment with platforms. Our industry grows constantly- and rapidly. It’s only sensible for your content distribution strategy to be updated often too.